Are You Interested in Dental Veneer Treatment? Here Are Seven Things You Must Know First
Dental Veneers have been given the name “The Hollywood Smile”. Most celebrities and idols are always looking to place veneers on the surface of their front teeth to improve their pearly whites. Dental Veneers is a form of cosmetic treatment to improve the appearance of your smile. It provides that natural looking shine to your teeth.
This doesn’t mean dental veneer treatment is for everyone. Naturally, it is tempting to copy celebrities with the belief that if it works for them, it should work for you. This is wrong. Like everybody else, celebrities weren’t born with perfect teeth.
Dental Veneers are an easy way to aesthetically improve your appearance, but it is important to weigh up the pros and cons of veneer treatment before going ahead with it.
We identify seven things which you must know before considering dental veneer treatment.
The Seven Areas
- It Is an Alternative Procedure to Teeth Whitening – Teeth Whitening treatment has proven to be effective. However, if you have deep stains that are difficult to remove, the results may not be what you expect. Known as discoloration, dental Veneer treatment covers these stains.
- They Alter the Appearance of Your Smile – Veneers help cover and close gaps. With this, the shape of your teeth may change depending on the shape on the veneer that is molded onto your front tooth.
- Veneers Do Not Require Hard Maintenance – The oral habits you adopt with your normal teeth should apply to your veneers as well. This includes normal brushing and flossing twice a day and keeping a balanced diet.
- The Porcelain Material Does Not Change – The porcelain material fitted onto the tooth’s surface does not change in color no matter what you eat or drink. In time, natural teeth begin to erode and yellow dentin forms, causing an uneven appearance.
- Veneers Are Not the Solution for Diseases – If you suffer from weak enamel or gum disease, veneers are not the right treatment choice. Consider other forms of treatments by consulting your hygienist
- Veneers Cannot Be Repaired – If your veneer chips or cracks, they cannot be repaired. This means more costs for new Veneers.
- Veneers Are Not Suitable for Fillings – If you have a filling, it will not be strong enough to hold the veneers in place and therefore, is not a suitable form of treatment should you have a filling.
Dental Veneers is a great choice as a cosmetic form of treatment. Your condition will be evaluated by the dentist to determine whether the results of an evaluation allow you to be eligible for dental veneer treatment. Dental Veneers have been successful in delivering that Hollywood smile. Permanent veneers leave no doubt that your pearly-whites will stay shiny for a lifetime.